DataSafe Backup is a robust, easy to use, and reliable backup utility.
- Backups can be performed using one of the following backup types: full, incremental, differential, and mirror.
- Backups can be compressed in the standard zip format.
- Backups can be encrypted using a 256-bit AES encryption method.
- Backup of locked or open files is fully supported.
- The files that are unchanged between different backup versions can be copied via hard links (mirror backups only).
- Backups can be targeted to any of the following destinations: hard disk, network share, and cd.
- Intuitive and easy to use interface.
- The built-in scheduler allows backups to run unattended.
- A detailed event log is created after each backup or restore.
- Existing backups can be restored to the original or an alternate location.
- The files that will be included in (or excluded from) a backup set can be filtered by name using wildcard characters.