SnakeTail is a Windows tail program that can monitor growing log files:
- Monitor "large" text log files
- Monitor Windows Event Logs (Without needing administrator rights)
- Multiple Window Modes supported (MDI, Tabbed, Floating)
- Save and load entire window session. Can load session file at startup when given as command line parameter.
- Sentence highlight with colors based on keyword match (Includes regex support)
- Quickly jump between highlighted sentences using keyboard shortcuts
- Tails circular logs where the log file is periodically truncated/renamed
- Tails log directory where the latest log file is displayed (Includes regex support)
- Search in the entire text log file (or EventLog)
- Tail new log files with a simple drag drop from Windows Explorer
- Filtering of Windows Event Logs using regular expressions
- Display simple process statistics in window title bar (RAM + CPU usage + TRX/Sec)
- Change tail window background color, text color, icon
- Low memory usage independent of log file size
- Low cpu usage even when more than 100 lines/sec
- Works well over remote desktop
- Supports Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, Win2k
- Requires .NET 2.0
Downloads For Non-Members
* The file will be downloaded from an external source.
* Availability of external links, and safety, cannot be guaranteed.