Subtitle Edit (SE) is a free editor for video subtitles - a subtitle editor.
With SE you can easily adjust a subtitle if it is out of sync with the video. For a full list of features see below or see the help file for more details.
SE is written in C# and full source code (GPL) is included :-)
* VISUALLY sync/adjust a subtitle (start/end position and speed).
* Create/add subtitle lines
* Translation helper (for manual translation)
* Convert between SubRib, MicroDVD, Substation Alpha, SAMI, and more
* Import VobSub sub/idx binary subtitles (code is ripped from Subtitle Creator by Erik Vullings/Manusse) *NEW*
* Show texts earlier/later
* Adjust display time
* Fix common errors
* Remove text for hear impaired
* Can now read and write UTF-8 and other unicode files (besides ANSI)
* Swedish to danish translation built-in (via Multi Translator Online)
* Google translation built-in
* Spell checking via Open Office 2.x dictionaries/NHunspell (many dictionaries available)
* Effects: Typewriter and karoake
* Can open subtitles embedded inside matroska files
* History/undo manager
For Windows XP users: SE requires Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 or newer.