If you play a lot of video and use Windows Media Player, you've probably come across a number of files that you can't play, you're told you need to have a codec to handle them. Good luck finding that codec. Instead, try the VLC media player. This software plays pretty much every media type you can think of and likely a few you haven't imagined. Not only will it play audio and video formats, but it will also play DVDs, VCDs, and many streaming protocols.
* It is a free cross-platform media player
* It supports a large number of multimedia formats, without the need for additional codecs
* It can also be used as a streaming server, with extended features (video on demand, on the fly transcoding, ...)
*This player plays everything, no need for installing codecs or dealing with the crap the big guys serve you.
* GNU License - REAL Freeware FOREVER
Downloads For Non-Members
* The file will be downloaded from an external source.
* Availability of external links, and safety, cannot be guaranteed.